Our Application Process
Please review our list of criteria. If you feel you meet the criteria, please apply – because we’d be happy to rent to you. Also, if you have any questions or concerns, please ask.
APPLICANT SCREENING CRITERIA
- A complete application. One for each person over 18 years of age. If a line isn’t filled in (or the omission explained satisfactorily), we will return it to you. Additionally, we have a policy that you must view the INTERIOR of the property before your application can be deemed complete.
- There is a $45.00 application fee per person and is collected from the first qualified applicant(s). This fee is non-refundable and is payable in CASH or MONEY ORDER ONLY. We will process applications in the order they are received.
- We require a photo I.D., preferably a driver’s license, and it must be presented with the completed application.
- We will accept the first qualified applicant.
- RENTAL REQUIREMENTS Rental history must be verifiable from unbiased sources. 2 years of positive verifiable rental history from a third party reference will be required. Landlord references from a parent will NOT be considered rental history. Rental history of at least 1 year but less than 2 years will require an additional deposit equal to 1/2 of 1 months rent. Rental history of less than 1 year will require a qualified co-signer AND payment of an additional security deposit equal to one months rent. It is your responsibility to provide us with the information necessary to allow us to contact your past landlords. We reserve the right to deny your application if, after making a good faith effort, we are unable to verify your rental history.
- INCOME The combination of your monthly income must be at least 2 1/2 times the rent amount. Income must be verifiable through pay stubs, employer contact, or tax records. All other income, including self employment, must be verifiable through bank statements or tax records. For Section 8 applicants, the amount of assistance will be considered part of your monthly income. Please provide this information with your application.
- CREDIT REQUIREMENTS – Good credit will be required. Outstanding bad debt (ie ..slow pay, collections, repossessions, liens, judgments & wage garnishment programs) being reported to the credit bureau which total more than $500 will require an additional security deposit of $200. Bad debt totaling OVER $1500 will require an additional deposit equal to one month’s rent. If in the last five years you have had any unpaid utility collections an additional security deposit will be required. If you have filed a bankruptcy within the last 2 years (it has to be discharged) an additional deposit equal to one month’s rent will be required.
- CO-SIGNERS – In order to qualify as a co-signer, you must have an income equal to a minimum of 4 TIMES the amount of rent and have an excellent credit rating.
- PETS – If allowed at a property, all pets must be pre-authorized, and a two pet maximum. A photo of your pet would be appreciated as well as a copy of the latest vaccination. Increased security deposit of $350 per pet will apply, although actual deposits and fees may vary by property.
YOU MAY BE DENIED RENTAL IF:
- You misrepresent any information on the application. If misrepresentations are found after a rental agreement is signed, your rental agreement will be terminated.
- You have had a FED (court ordered eviction).You may be denied rental if you have ever been convicted of the manufacture or distribution of a controlled substance.
- If you have a conviction for any type of crime that would be considered a threat to real property or to other residents’ peaceful enjoyment of the property.
- Previous landlords report significant complaint levels of noncompliance activity including but not limited to
- Repeated disturbance of the neighbors’ peaceful enjoyment of the area.
- Reports of gambling, prostitution, drug dealing or drug manufacturing.
- Damage to the property beyond normal wear.
- Reports of violence or threats to landlords or neighbors
- Allowing persons or pets not on the rental agreement to reside on the premises.
- Failure to give proper notice when vacating the property.
- Previous landlords would be disinclined to rent to you again for any reason pertaining to the behavior of yourself, your pets, or others allowed on the property during your tenancy.
- You, your roommates(s), your guest(s), or a family member demonstrate aggressive, obnoxious, or objectionable behavior.
If you are accepted, you will be required to sign a rental agreement/lease in which you will agree to abide by the rules of the agreement. A complete copy of our rental agreement/lease is available for anyone who would like to review it.
MONEY ORDER or CASHIERS CHECK will be the only accepted form of payment for move-in monies. You may pay with a personal check after you have moved in.
Please read your rental agreement carefully, as we take each provision of the agreement quite seriously. Our intention in providing such an agreement is to assure that our tenants are given the best housing we can provide.